Reposted from here.
1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of Scientology?
Was born into it.
2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
Why, saving the planet of course!
3. Were there problems in your life that you thought scientology would address?
Scientology was the answer to everything. And the question when there wasn’t one.
4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn’t seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
Yeah terrible terrible things. The QI in Florida was a disgusting old motel where a lot of the rooms lacked glass in the windows. I once heard a woman screaming and crying, because she was being forced back to work 1 day after giving birth. Every kid at the day care center (used to be a building next to the celebrity center), got Hep-B, some got Hep-C, impetigo, ring worm.
Education of children is poor at best. They don’t believe in educating past basic reading. The only thing that matters is scientology education.
5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of Scientology?
I didn’t have any choice. My family was in it.
6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on staff, did you ever volunteer to ‘help out’?
Both. I was in the SO at 3, signed my billion year contract when I was 9. Worked for the FSO.
7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a “final straw”?
Well. A bit of freedom. I left my mom when I was 16, and saw the real world. The final straw was when my mom disconnected from me for talking to declared family members.
8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those practices affect your life?
The CoS just needs to go away. There is no ‘science’ to it, just the pseudoscience malarkey of a nutbag egomaniacal charlatan.
I also think they should allow criticism of it, as they continuously shoot themselves in the foot by trying to suppress it. But my reasons for saying this are not for the CofS’s benefit, rather the people unfair[ly] lied about, harassed and disconnected from family.
9. If the items you listed in the previous question were changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of Scientology? If so, why?
I would never ever ever consider going back. I just hope that all those poor lost souls get out.
10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
It’s important for scientology critics are vocal. The CoS has a propaganda machine running 24/7. If we don’t counter act those efforts, innocent victims could lose their souls and their family’s, and reality.