[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Science Fiction

Science Fiction

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:12 am

Science Fiction

Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n.
- John Milton, Paradise lost .329
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:26 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:41 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:55 am

No prob. :)

You know, since I never went to high school because of fucking Scientology, I never had that one special teacher that you described having. It's people like that who can really inspire kids lives for the better - if they have good intentions - like from what you're saying it sounds like he did.

I try to always show my appreciation to my university instrutors now, because a good teacher can really inspire you to think and question things and sometimes to make decisions that will change your life.

I'd like to go into ESL teaching for a while myself, I've done it when I've been in Asia and I really enjoy it when people feel that they benefit in some way from your efforts.

So I think you should just go visit him and say hi. I'm sure it'll mean a lot to him to know that you remember him and that you're still writing. Any teacher would love to know that they've made some form of impression on someone.
Who knows, maybe he's not a Scientologist anymore. And like I said, there are plenty of well-meaning Scientologists and some are functioning very well.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:05 am

one day I will. One day.

as for the mentor figure. there will always be a mentor figure. even in college i have a mentor. his teaching habbits are intimidating. his methods are scary. but the way he teaches you in the long run. you know that him drilling you like a CO is the thing you will need in the future. and I hate him, but i love him. why? because its for the future and for the career ahead.
<<

anonycat

Clear

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:16 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:45 am

<<

Lordceptimos