[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: final word

You are asking people to read you with an open mind, and to be willing to challenge and expand your beliefs.

Are you a hypocrite? Expand your mind to the fact maybe everyone doesn't want to see the word slut or read your stories...

I get the point there are all kinds of writers, and I believe in free speech.

I get sick of both religious and anti religion morons too that everything is all good or all bad...

Life is best achieved with balance...

Tell your mommy you need your diappy changed... cry baby.

I ask those who read my stories to please do so with open minds. Be willing to challenge and expand your beliefs. Do not hate. Or if you can't do that, for your own good and mine, I hope you'll stay away.[/quote]
<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:38 pm

It is exactly your crap attitude that causes me to behave this way, Anoymous9104. Why don't you go bother someone else, okay? I'm not a crybaby. And you don't have to read my work if you don't want to. I hoped I could find tolerance here. Oh well.

Iknowtoomuch: I believe everything you bring up about OSA and the Freezone. In my stories I cast the former as an antagonist and the latter as a counterpoint to the main CoS. Is it not the same in real life? IMHO, you can judge Scientology by its public. Were the former Scientologists on this site not such people once? Did they not believe they were helped by their church? Why is the viewpoint that they weren't the only valid one to you? Scientology is not Nazism. I did not see it that way while I was inside. And I am out. I can confirm that. I got in briefly to research my stories. I also found friends inside who disputed the negative image of Scientology. They never tried to convert me or even told me what they were until I found out the hard way. When I wrote my stories, they politely informed me I had things wrong and helped me make my work better. I have never felt harassed by them. I never felt like I was being belittled either. I sure feel that way now.

I left Scientology because it cost too much, I never really needed it, the sermons were too repetitive, there were things about them I knew from the Internet that I could not ignore while I was inside, some jerks looked down on me while others befriended me and I could never figure out what side the church was really on, and I faced suspicion for my religion from many people including my family. It got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore in a mere two and a half months. I walked away on LRH's birthday 2007. I know it was right. I have never felt bitter. I understand why you feel bitter and others do, but I ask you to please consider that someone else might not. They also might be sorting out their emotions in a unique way- writing fiction about them. I'm willing to brave the consequences of my deeds by talking about them here. Why can't you respect that? Maybe you can now that I've explained it. I hope so. If you have further questions, I'm willing to hang around here as a guest. No one is watching over my shoulder. You have my word.
<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Ok, I looked at the registration forms and I didn't realize there were actual children here. I apologize to them and to people like Anon9104 who are offended by the full disclosure in my postings on this thread. I hope sometime I will stop "exceeding the number of registration attempts allowed per session" so I can register. We'll see if it works.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 pm

well I made the mommy diappy joke cuz I think it is funny, it isn't too insult you really... I shouldn't be so selfish... As for kids here, yes. And it is noble and kind of you to humble yourself in apology...

Although I don't make you act anyway. You can ignore me. I just was saying my opinion, and I said before in another post, I'd prefer you to stay. When everyone is just a like, it is SO boring!
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:17 pm

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:56 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:27 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:36 pm

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:16 am

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:59 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:26 am

If they are that way at protests, good for them. I don't consider masks and slogans such as "Scientology Kills" polite, though. I have also seen many examples of impoliteness towards lay Scientologists online. Maybe I should do a test of the waters at an Anon protest sometime. I haven't yet been able to find the courage. [shrugs] Why not? Any Anon wants to PM me or conduct other investigation into whether I'm OSA or Co$ (I'm not) can feel free to do so. I even am willing to set up a meeting by phone or in person if someone wants to try a Frost/Nixon. I'm game. :) PM me, though. I'm not giving out my phone or email in public here.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:51 am

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:00 pm

mikolot mayim rabim adirim, mishbarai'yam
--Ps. 93
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 am

Don't know who these spammers are, but I just want to say I don't support them. This thread was a valid discussion to settle real issues and here they come trying to hijack it. Lousy. Oh well, my issues are long handled anyway, so now I don't care. The admins can delete this thread if they want. Thanks to all who gave help to me on ESK. Later.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:45 pm

--Ps. 93
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:05 pm

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Writing is often the best therapy. Positive narrative helps us to reshape our life experiences into something that taught us a lesson, rather than only hurt us.

But then I bet your psychologist gf knows that ;-)

To be honest I just can't find the idea sexy in the least. I think because I associate Scientology so much with my parents it's just....ew....
--Ps. 93
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 am

To be fair, I don't often put Scientology in sexual context. The closest I've ever gotten is triangle formations and encounters in saunas and it's clear those are dumb jokes nobody but me gets. Instead the religion is used as a barrier the characters must overcome. A stupid barrier, but there nonetheless.

The Scientology is in the stories because it's inescapeable for me. I researched the celebrities about whom I wanted to write on the net and everywhere I went I saw people calling them "cult shills" and things like that. I found that I did not want to see them that way, yet I could no longer see them as just the good-looking actors I had viewed them as before. Somehow I had to reconcile the two. I had to take John Travolta and remake him into an aging hippie who swings in bars and drinks to get over his problems. Said problems include the film he made when he got too sure of himself and his own image that ended up bombing royally (Battlefield Earth), the false rumors of being gay people stick him with, the shadow people hang over his head and won't take down.

I had to cast his wife as someone understanding with her own issues. She soothes John and he soothes her. I had to remake all my other favorite stars in similar ways. The damn tabloids and celebrity hate trolls so twisted my image of the people I loved. Only with my imagination was I able to reconcile it. I could not go and meet them, and explain to them what I was feeling, and reconcile that way my fear they were bad people. I did not want to be a stalker. I had to invent a world where the tabloids and hate were confused lies for sure in order to accept them as that in the real world. These were people I admired, and jerks were making it their business to drag them through the muck. Other jerks were using them to sell harmful products, be they disgusting tabloid stories or false dogmas that lead to abuse stories like you hear about on anti-CoS websites every day. I somehow had to get myself back to loving these people again. :? It was not easy, but I think I did it. I hope so anyway. Nothing wrong with putting the way I got over my feelings out there as fictional stories for people to enjoy.

And no, before you ask, none of these feelings came about as a result of drug use on my part. I have known drugs were bad all my life. The first actress I ever really loved was Rachael Leigh Cook, the girl who showed me putting your brain on drugs makes you smash up your life with a frying pan. When I was a teen I made a promise to Rachael I would never use, and I have kept that promise. Erika Christensen reinforced that promise when I saw her in "Traffic". I have kept my promise to her too. I hope she can understand me having to get over her being a Scientologist the way I have- if she ever hears about it. I'm not about to directly tell her. I'm no John Hinckley and I wouldn't want her to think I am.

No chemical inducement behind these words. They are just the ramblings of a sad emotional lonely man who does not want to feel what people are making him feel. He wants to love and respect, not hate and fear. He wants the bad guys punished also, and the victims saved, but more than anything he wants there to stop being victims and victimizers. He wants to stop seeing his heroes, his friends, and himself like that.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Vault