[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - An Open Letter to the Church of Scientology

An Open Letter to the Church of Scientology

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Dbloch7986

Non-E

Post Sat May 25, 2013 5:38 am

An Open Letter to the Church of Scientology

<<

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

EPFer

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Re: An Open Letter to the Church of Scientology

I read your entire letter Derek. Thank you for speaking out, and I hope it was therapeutic for you.

I assure you that you are one of many young homosexuals who have faced interrogations and were made to feel guilty for no real reason. I know somebody else who grew up in Scientology's Sea Org thinking it was wrong to be gay. As if the world of the Sea Org isn't hostile enough, that makes it even worse.

I'm glad to see that your therapy is going well. Keep us posted.
The price of escaping may be everything. I know. But when it feels like nothing is left, remember the only thing you need is to believe in yourself.
<<

NumberOneSon

Non-E

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: An Open Letter to the Church of Scientology

Thanks for joining this forum and sharing Derek. I too got into Scientology when I was only a kid (5 or 6) and my Dad joined. My Mom joined shortly after when they convinced her they were non-denomenational and she could still be a Catholic. That sounds so funny when you write it down and read it back.

I cannot imagine what you've gone through. They manage to figure out how to make a kid feel bad for everything they do - no matter how normal it is. This idea that a kid is an adult without ever giving them any adult "training" flies in the face of all they profess. But then again, most things they do fly in the face of what they profess.

It is that very strange twistedness that must percolate in someone's mind and then we eventually shove it down, drown out the voice of common sense, so that we can fit in and belong. The idea of losing your family is just horrible.

I had to disconnect from mine when they left SCN. I was apart from them for only a year or so when a very loving partner encouraged me to reconnect. It was the best thing I ever did. Then, 8 years later, my sister and her daughter returned as well. Her journey was much harder than mine.

I thank you Derek for your courage to be who you are and for speaking out. I hope it gives courage to everyone who finds a common story with yours.

Return to Your Story