[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - The Sea Org as slavery

The Sea Org as slavery

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Tue May 13, 2008 3:48 am

I object.
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 am

James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy
<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Tue May 13, 2008 3:38 pm

I object.
<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 am

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Wed May 14, 2008 3:58 am

<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 am

I object.
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 am

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Wed May 14, 2008 10:53 pm

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:43 am

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:50 am

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:53 am

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Thu May 15, 2008 8:01 am

Alex? Yeah, I know a few people's myspaces here. I don't know what Alex you are talking about, but I know Alex Vineyard's myspace page, Raffy Penderey is one of my friends. Pretty much, from there I can find familiar faces, friends of friends.
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 10:26 pm

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri May 16, 2008 1:37 am

Cool thread ...

As can be seen from my posts, I am no fan of the SO, DM, or Church, however I must comment on something I saw earlier in this thread.

Caroline Letkimen said that she saw someone in the RPF in chains. I worked with her in the SO, knew her better than casually, and would consider her above average in all ways. In my 10+ years in the Sea Org I never saw anything like that, and from senior positions I held for nearly 5 years I would likely have been aware of things like this if they were common place, this is mid 80s to 90s.

I have seen on hundreds of occasions, and personally experienced mental and emotional imprissonment by the COS, which I believe is much worse, but much harder to prove.

Lawanon ... I have read all your posts ... you seem like a pretty cool guy ... you embody what I consider the true spirit and power or strength with compassion that is the potential of a lawyer today.

How would you recomend bridging the gap between the "church" protection against labor laws and basic worker (and human) rights as enforced by Scientology?

If all we could do was enforce minimum wage being paid to ever staff and Sea Org Member, we could create a spectacular improvement in conditions for every soul still in the church, and could force a massive correction in the organization where organizations unable to afford staff would have to close. Would create a massive cascade effect to correct Scientology's criminal organization.

Much less, we could get ex scn kids a massive boost to recover and be able to integrate into society and build happy and productive lives.
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Fri May 16, 2008 2:53 am

Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Fri May 16, 2008 3:57 am

I object.
<<

Anonymous_V

Non-E

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:14 am

I am not questioning your powers of observation, I am merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:17 pm

Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:28 am

I object.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Staff & Sea Org