[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Confronting an upside down HCOB document

Confronting an upside down HCOB document

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:03 am

Confronting an upside down HCOB document

I remember my last year at Delphi, there was this girl in my class. For awhile, during course time, she didn't work on anything, no checksheet, no reading, etc.

Instead of studying like everybody else, she would sit in a chair facing a wall where an upside down HCOB (Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin) was tacked to the wall. Basically, all she was doing was a drill where she was "confronting" the HCOB.

I remember reading about these "student confront drills" and doing them on my Student Hat course.

Anyway, later, I decided that because a lot of times, studying seemed like a chore, and I knew I didn't have MUs, I thought, "Maybe I just have trouble confronting studying and I need to do some student confront drills?" I talked with my supervisor, and he thought it would be a great idea for me to do the student confront drills.

Looking back now.... I think this was absolutely the most bizarre practice I observed at Delphi and not only the most unproductive waste of of time at Delphi, but the most unproductive waste of time in my life! More time wasting and more unproductive than excessive TV or video games!

For WEEKS, I sat in a chair, just staring at an upside down document tacked to the wall. I spent all my course time doing this for WEEKS, HOURS A DAY, while everybody else was reading their books or working on their course. At first, my intentions were to improve my focus, of course. However, I found it so much easier to just sit, staring, not worrying about anything, not having to worry about staying on target, just sitting in a chair, staring at the upside down HCOB document, and letting my thoughts run wild.

I'll admit that this wasn't the most responsible use of my time. I am partly to blame for this going on. I could have stopped any time I wanted to. However.... why did the supervisor allow this to go on for so long? Looking back, I certainly got nothing out of it, it was just a waste of my time at Delphi.

I personally only observed one other Delphi student doing this besides myself during my four years at Delphi, so it's probably not something that happens too often, but... in my opinion, this practice shouldn't be happening at all!
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 am

<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 pm

Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

everfree

Clear

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:56 pm

<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

everfree

Clear

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:18 pm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:50 pm

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:19 pm

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

TonyMeman

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:53 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Of course you learn how to read it.

This "confronting an upside down HCOB" was something that we did once, I think, on the student hat or HQS course. As a matter of fact, it was something that was only done as a corrective action at one point.

Now with the Golden Age of Tech, EVERYBODY has to do it at least once.
<<

Thalkirst

EPFer

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Ex Sea Org member
My blog about SO and Scn abuses in Hungarian: http://objektivszcn.blog.hu/
<<

evan

EPFer

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:56 am

"And stay happy!" - Philip Gale
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 am

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)

Return to Scientology Education