[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - To all Apple School Kids, Teachers, Parents: I'm Sorry

To all Apple School Kids, Teachers, Parents: I'm Sorry

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Magoo

Clear

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:20 am

To all Apple School Kids, Teachers, Parents: I'm Sorry

I was a teacher at Apple School, a Scientology school in the '80's.
(Sorry this is a bit long--but once I got started, I needed to finish it).

Around that time there was what was called "The Finance Police". They were super Nazi like people---expelling people like mad. I was teaching 2 year olds, and got very upset at all of these people getting declared. I went into OSA to ask why. They had me listen to a "Special Tape that will explain it all" called 'Individuation".

On this tape, Hubbard explained how EVERY executive IS going to commit
"Overts" (or bad deeds) just by the nature of their posts--as you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time. He also said: "It's up to the public to make SURE these Executives get into Ethics and get their overts off---or they will blow (or quit).

At the time there was this HUGE split in the community, and many people were going up to listen to David Mayo--who of course C of S made sound like he was "Out tech" blah blah blah. I heard Bruce Bishop (Husband of th e wife who ran Apple School) was going to see David Mayo.

I was a super "true Believer"---following everything, so I had Bonnie and Bruce Bishop over to my house, to hear this tape. I thought they'd hear it, realize they needed to go get their overts off, etc. (DUH! :roll:)

Ok-----long story short----------OSA, behind the scenes, (and I didn't know of this)--- was doing junk to close down Apple School. They asked me to help, of course pretending they were helping the school and the community.

During this time ---literally it divided the town in half. Half the people left
Scientology, and would call me and tell me how horrible I was. The other half would call and thank me. I truly didn't know if my "Help" was good, or bad. So I finally wrote to Hubbard's Daughter: Diana Hubbard. I explained all that had gone on----and she wrote back:
"My Father would be VERY proud of you".

So I continued. It took me Years and Years and Years to finally wake up.
I woke up in 2000----and escaped out of Scientology, with the Vice President of Scientology out at LAX, telling me: "We know where you're going, and you're NOT going".

Thankfully, I had some friends who were helping me---so I made it across the country, to Chicago where my husband and OSA were---on to Tampa
at 1:45 in the Morning with OSA, some friends, the police, and the 3 new Friends who were helping me, get me out of the Tampa Airport.

So I would like to OFFICIALLY say I am SO very sorry to every single
person that while thinking I was "helping" OSA and doing the right thing, was really screwing up their lives. I've spoken with Bonnie, and many of the Execs from Apple School. They knew way more than I did---about this Junk OSA was running on the school, behind my back.

I know it harmed more people than others---and for some there is no "I'm sorry" that will ever erase the pain they experienced.

All I can say is I did what I thought was good for all. I had no idea
OSA was as evil as I later learned they were. Once I finally did learn
and SEE who they *really* were, I soon after left Scientology,
FOREVER.

I have been speaking out since, helping educate young people so they don't get suckered into Scientology, as well as writing and making videos that hopefully will help others "in" wake up, too.

Blessings to all,
Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight
In Scientology for 30 years, escaped out in 2000,
X-Sea Org, X-Staff, X-OT 7, X-Grad 4 auditor, X-OSA volunteer after 20 years, X-Top Secret OSA Int Internet gang. SP 6 ^
http://www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:50 pm

<<

Magoo

Clear

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:50 pm

You know---I'll have to see if I can get Bonnie or one of the Execs to explain it.

Honestly, I don't know the *full* picture. Bonnie told me it had been going on long before I arrived on the scene. At the time---OSA was pushing it was "Run by squirrels/people not doing totally standard tech, which for anyone new---is what they called 'Out KSW"--or not keeping Scientology working. Hubbard was wildly against squirrels. Why? $$$$ Fear that they would take away his business.

Since there was such a huge division in the community then (Some going to hear David Mayo--who used to be Hubbard's auditor and helped write OT 5 and then left Scientology, forever)---the other half sticking with the organization, The Church of Scientology. Since back then, as now, there is NO allowance of anything they don't agree on, OSA no doubt decided they needed to be shut down.

It split the town in half---MANY people left then, unfortunately I wasn't one of them. I then went on to help open up Dephi here in LA with some other parents---which was the next Scientology school. Later came Pinewood Academy, with Doug Hogg--and a few others.

Hope that helps some. Sorry it's so long, but I know some of the Apple school kids will read this---so I am trying to fill in the blanks.

Many have written to me wanting to have an Apple School Re-union.
If more arrive here---perhaps we can get that going?

For now, happy Friday~

Tory/Magoo~~
www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44[/b]
<<

Pliny Younger

Non-E

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:58 pm

<<

seiflein

EPFer

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
<<

Magoo

Clear

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:15 am

<<

Greedyone

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:32 pm

<<

Magoo

Clear

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:51 am

<<

Greedyone

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Apple School

Tru2form
[i]PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:51 am Post subject:
[i]Hey Greedyone, can you put up a post about what apple school was / what it was like / why the education was good / why it got shut down? Or anything else? I don't know anything about it, it was before my time, or I'd do it myself.

Apple School was established February 4, 1974 by Bonnie Bishop. It used Hubbard study technology. It started with 15 kids. I first attended September 1974 as a fifth grader.

Because it was small at first, multiple grades would be merged into a single class. And it had all trappings of simple org -- conditions, ethics officer, etc. I remember how time consuming looking up words, demo kits, etc. all was. But then we would have to make a certain amount of progress in our academic work to gets points and stay in power.

We would write LRH letters from time to time. I remember getting him confused with JRR Tolkein as I was obsessed with all things Hobbit back then. The alphabet abbreviations would mess me up.

When we completed a chapter in our books [be it math, history english, etc] we would have to checked out on it. And it was tough. After awhile the students would be prepared upon completion. We learned to check other students who were in the lowers grades.

As the years passed and the school got bigger, the points system was modified to be measured by completions. Some of the teachers were great making it a real motivation game. Some times the quality would suffer for its statistical success.

We started most days with TRs. Then we would dive into the academics. I had come from public schools and was glib. I became initially frustrated with Method 1 / 7 techniques. But gaining clear understanding became indoctrinated into our daily academic life.

The school was very much like most other private schools. The difference was in how things were handled and how things were studied. If you got into trouble you would be out there cleaning up trash making amends. Drugs were not really a problem [Only one student I know who tried to bring drugs on to the campus]. The biggest thing was underage drinking. Good times. Old English 800. Good stuff. *sigh*

I remember in 1980, NBC did a local gotcha story on the school. The issue was whether Apple School was in fact a Scientology school. It was really an argument over semantics because it used the tech but Bonnie started it, borrowed millions of dollars on her own. Not sure what support the church provided. But it had to be blessed otherwise the school would not have had so many children of scientologists.

The school got so big that we fielded a football team, basketball team, and soccer. John Brodie and Gene Washington, former NFL players, were special coaches. Buildings were constructed. The school was accredited so those of us who were graduating could get into colleges. My senior year consisted of 12 students.

The school was so successful that Westside Apple School was started. Don't know much about that school.

Several well known persons went to the school. I remember Wally Ward [now known as Wallace Langham], Soleil Moon Frye, Meeno Peluce, Lightfield Lewis, Juliette Lewis and others. A very young Beck [4/5 y.o.?] is in my 1982 year book.

Celebrities would come to our school. John Revolta [Hey Barbarino!) would attend our plays. Richard Thomas [John Boy] read his poetry to us. I met a young successful Chick Corea. In fact, Chick was the one who told us students about Delphi in Oregon. [1975]

Not every one did well at the school. And there were ways to glib your way through the school academically. Years later I would run into the occasional downstat and they would blame the school for their problems. And because they were in the Co$, and Bonnie / school were declared they felt validated for their failures.

The school closed after I left. I knew Tory as a kid but don't remember her being a teacher. That must have been after 1982.

The school closed in the mid 80s because it could not sustain the student base after the rift with the church. Bonnie had been declared and the school had been identified as a squirrel institution. My understanding on why the school was declared would be nothing better than natter: power struggle over $$, refusal of Bonnie to disconnect with Bruce who had been declared, etc.

The big brain drain was going on around this time. Families were being split [mine was split right down the middle], parents and children disconnecting, etc. Ugly times.

Many of my friends are active Scientologists from the school but they know I am not part of the Co$. They don't know or are in denial about the fact that I communicate with my declared family members.

I have read the stories of others in the SO. I am horrified by the treatment many experienced. Apple School was so different but also so very expensive.
<<

beth (aka moontaco)

Clear

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Apple School

<<

Critical Mass

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Omg not Hodges from SCI? ;_;
<<

Vern