[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Older "Kids"

Older "Kids"

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Older "Kids"

I am in my 50's, my parents in thier 80's.

And although I am still in good standing, and even on my basics via extension courses, I obviously have "issues" as evidenced by my participation here, on esmb, enturb etc.

My parents are ot's and I doubt would leave the church for any reason, but I dont think I would be in any danger of them disconnecting from me. But their aging is an issue for me, unrelated to that.

I guess its a "this time of life" thing, having attention on aging parents. And it looks like I am just rambling here, putting my thoughts into the world. What does it have to do with anything.

Also my kids are leaving, off to college, living with potential mates, it looks like a future of less family around me.

You folks who have suffered disconnection have my sympathies. I know that sounds shallow, but at the moment it is deeply felt.

life goes by fast.

alex

"warm strings vibration

gentle glow,

tender touch

of one you know

twangs of sorrow

at not loving more in times before

but now, precious now

love some more."

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=5650
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."

-- Buddha (563-483 BC), Siddhartha Gautama
<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:09 pm

young ones

full of passion

leave their elders

life of strife

but father is followed by son

and soon you will be one

passion remembered

lived by young.

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:44 pm

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:55 pm

the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 am

<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 am

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks for posting about your father. It puts my little bit of a funk in perspective.

But actually it makes me feel better for having posted my silly little concerns to have stimulated two other people to get stuff they had in them, out.

Your father is lucky to have you. I hope at some point his story can come out.

Thanks for your reply Alex,
Seeing my Father made me realise just how much i have in my life,even though at times it dosen't feel like much.

He has so little to look forward to and i know my visit made him very happy.It gave him great pleasure to make breakfast for me, a simple thing but it made him so happy.

He took great delight in introducing me to the person who brings him meals on wheels,introducing me as his daughter, i could see this made his day. A daughter, at last he had a daughter again after all these years.

Little things that most people take for granted,but for him something so huge and important.Having a daughter, a family.

It is the little things in life.....Do you know i almost forgot Fathers Day this year. Why? Because i had spent most of my life Father less, it was a whole new deal remembering Fathers Day. For years i had remembered it for my children and their Father, but to remember it for my Father was a different matter all together.Fortunately i remembered on the day and rang him. Next year i will go to a lot of trouble to find the right card.

Its like learning all over again, things which should be instinctive but because they have been so lacking in life, you have to find them again.

I'm glad you wrote this post Alex. Never think concerns about your parents are silly. They are not.We should all be concerned about elderly people whether they are our parents or not.

Slightly off topic but concerning my Father.

One thing that stood out like a sore thumb, was how many books he had about witch craft and The Third Reicht.(spelling)I shouldn't have been surprised, but i was.

One day his story will be told.

Sharone
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:26 am

I'm almost 27, and my Dad is 78, and he has Alzheimer's. I understand the thing about aging parents, but... do both your parents still have their minds intact?

RL Steve,

I am very sorry to hear your Father has Alzheimers.

This is a devastating illness. I work with some people who have this.It is very hard for the people who love them to cope with. The only consolation if you can call it that is that they don't know how they are, or at least not in the later stages.

I know this is of no consolation to you and i am sorry there is no cure.

My thoughts are with you.

Best wishes
Sharone

<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:25 pm

"He has so little to look forward to and i know my visit made him very happy.It gave him great pleasure to make breakfast for me, a simple thing but it made him so happy."

I have two daughters, one grown and one teenaged and it is a delight.

You sound like a good daughter.

alex

<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Steve,

I just remembered something I read surfing the net a few days ago, that being that music is the last thing that a person with altzheimers loses touch with.

Do you and your father listen to music?

alex

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:52 am

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:25 pm