[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Trying to Reach Sister in Scient.- to check on her kids

Trying to Reach Sister in Scient.- to check on her kids

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

suezbee

Non-E

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm

Trying to Reach Sister in Scient.- to check on her kids

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:36 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:21 am

Well, you could post some info about them hereabouts, maybe one of us knows who and where they are!
James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy
<<

suezbee

Non-E

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:09 pm

About my neice and nephew

Can I use names? Their first names or mellisa and aaron, last name starts with a K. I could also use some advise about this. I want to take my nephew out for golf or something. What's the best way to help him? He is like 17, he's learning to drive, I imagine he's about to decide to "work for the church" now, as his sister did. I have hope for him, and always have that he would "see the truth", someday.
Anyways, what should I ask him? Just general stuff I suppose, what do you like, ... Can I ask him what "what is it like to grow up in scientology?"did you ever miss your parents?", what kinds of "work" has he done...
I want to offer him an opportunity to go to college, he can stay at my house for free. I dont know, I really want to help him. Scientology is like a big leach sucking out their brains, thats how i feel. Hey any one who is a teen and wants help, I am just a regular mom. I am willing to help any of you all EMAIL IS suezbee@hotmail.com, for subject put EX.
Good luck to all of you. :cry:
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi suezbee.

I think your nephew (and neice) would be really glad to know that they have somewhere to go and other options. Even if they don't tell you so, or even if they don't realize it right away. Many of us think that our relatives don't care about us at all (because we never hear from them).

Just a word of advice if I may -- don't be harsh or negative toward Scientology with your nephew. Let him set the tone. If he feels like he is being interrogated or that you have a pre-conceived notion of "hating the Church" he'll just shut you out. For a lot of us, even when we leave Scientology with our lives in shambles, cannot bear to hear negative things said about them. It's just so ingrained into us not to even think bad thoughts about them. Plus it's very painful to face the truth that you've been lied to. I think you should go ahead and ask him quesitons and spend time with him, I'm not trying to say not to. Just don't push him too hard or he'll feel attacked and run away.

Even if he isn't at the point where he wants out, that doesn't mean he won't want to go to college. There are kids who do, it's just a bit rare. In going to college he'll get life experience and learn things about the real world that he never would have. I think it's great that you are willing to help him with that.

If his mom and dad are in the Sea Org or on staff, he's probably feeling the fact that they are not there. Having you around to talk to or even just do "normal" things with (like shopping or golfing or whatever regular families do) and spending time with your kids too (and seeing you be "mom" to them) would probably be good for him.

Just my two cents. :)
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 am

Good Job

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Good Job

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Re: Good Job

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists