[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - what happens when abuse/neglect/molestation is reported?

what happens when abuse/neglect/molestation is reported?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

heidi

Non-E

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 pm

what happens when abuse/neglect/molestation is reported?

Just trying to figure this out: what happens "on the inside" (in the orgs/families/etc) when abuse or neglect, of the many children affected by scientology's practices, is reported, either by someone else or by the victim themselves.

I guess the question is two fold:

1/ what happens if you report to your family/internally?

and

2/ what happens if you go straight to an outside source (the police, other reporting agencies)?
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:36 am

Um, in my case, nothing. At least when talking to Scientologist teachers, auditors, etc. Once a teacher reported back to my parents that I had told on them, and they just denied most of the story while pulling me out of school and punishing me for talking. Everyone else just ignored me, they weren't interested in hearing it. To my knowledge no one ever even said anything to my parents about it. If they did, I guess my parents just lied and wrote another check.

Unfortunately, I never specifically told any non-Scientologist relatives. I had also been raised not to talk to them. My mom told me that they didn't like me. I also always thought that they knew, and just didn't care. I found out last year that they had suspected but never asked me or did anything one way or the other. They were very nervous about stepping on my mom's toes because they assumed (correctly) that should they piss her off she would take us and disappear. Plus they didn't want to insult her religion even if it was "weird". It was unfortunate but that's the way it happened.

I never went to the police or any non-Scientologists. We weren't raised that way, we were taught to be scared of non-Scientologist authorities. My mother specifically told us that, were we to talk to them, we would be taken away forever and never see each other or our parents again. We were told lots of horror stories about evil psychiatrists, police, social workers, juvenile detention, etc. and how we would be lucky to be dead if they got their hands on us.

[edit: when I say "we" I mean myself and my brother.]
Last edited by doubleVee on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:59 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

heidi

Non-E

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:50 pm

If you were to report such things, who are you *supposed* to report them to (within the structure of scientology)? i read tommy's wife's story and it sounds like there was a structure there.

also, has anyone here ever reported to outside authorities?

(and, i'm so sorry to ask such personal questions way out here in the open, but i'd rather do so than in pm, since you guys don't know me)
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:27 am

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:58 am

The story I'll tell wasn't about molestation, but really more about what could have been molestation, and how that was handled.

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I was walking home from school and probably carrying a Barbie doll. A large car pulled up along side me with an older guy driving and he asked me if I liked Barbies. I said I did. He asked me if I wanted to go get some Barbie doll clothes and I said sure. We were pretty poor, so this was a huge item for me. I got in the car and we went and got some Barbie clothes. Then he took me back to where he picked me up and dropped me off there. When I saw my mom, I told her about what had happened, considering myself to be very fortunate. She was LIVID. There is nothing else in the world quite like an OT who is PISSED...or maybe that was just my mom. She assigned me to a lower condition that was something like "figure out who you really are". I caved in big time. I had never been treated like this ever, and I had no idea what was expected of me to get out of this 'condition'. It made me doubt whether I was a good person, whether my mother still loved me, and just who I was as a being. She seemed to think I was pretty bad.

That might somewhat answer your question about what happens if you report it.

Anyway, just more fun times growing up in Scientology.
Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 am

<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:37 pm

And this just feels like spinning plates
Our bodies floating down the muddy river
-Radiohead
<<

heidi

Non-E

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:00 pm

<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:07 am

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 pm

<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 pm

<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 pm

It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 am

It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:56 am

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
Next

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists