[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Anti-spam captcha added for non-registration forums

Anti-spam captcha added for non-registration forums

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Anti-spam captcha added for non-registration forums

I've just had a look into the phpBB code and hacked together a fix to force all non-registered users to enter a CAPTCHA before they post. This should eliminate the automated spam postings we have been receiving recently.

Hopefully I have not introduced any other bugs into the system. If anybody has any problems posting, either as a registered user (shouldn't have affected this), or are finding they can't post when logged out (or those forums suddenly get very quiet), then please let me know.

PS. Grundy/Kendra - The user Test who was spamming the non-registration forums today was me, the user Hello was also me (after Test got banned). I did intend to delete the posts later (but couldn't do so when logged out). I was testing my code to check that it both worked and didn't break anything.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:27 pm

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Return to Site & Forum Suggestions