[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Awesome site!

Awesome site!

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 am

<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:43 am

Fundamentals Of Scientology

<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Fundamentals Of Scientology

It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Hmmm. Interesting debate from both sides. I agree with you M. about the the Human Rights piece and in fact, I have shown the CoS's Human Rights video to my class. It was one of the first things that my husband showed me when he first spoke to me about Cos and I thought "well this can't be so bad! We all believe in Human Rights" and I am very much a Human Rights activist in that I believe in helping those in need, I am against freetrade zones, and so on.
Here is my problem....Actions speak louder than words. Thus far, the actions of those that I have had dealings with in the CoS, and what I have witnessed and heard, counteract what the church claims is their basic tenets.
Everyone has a right to be heard, has a right to their own beliefs, and so on does not seem to be something that is held in high regard. And what about the the right to be safe?
Though the CoS may look good on the outside, like anything else, it's not until you look under the surface that the truth manifests itself. I am not saying tat all Scientologists are evil and I am sure that most in the CoS think that they are doing good...but at what cost?
This comes from an outsider looking in, and it doesn't look too good. I HEAR scientologists talk about helping those in need, but I do not see CoS walking the streets, giving blankets to the cold and food to the hungry. I asked my husband about this and his response was "that would be enabling them". Give me a break.
I respect your insight M.
Re: ethics. I don't feel that I am in the position to contact ethics. My husband has said many times that ethics should be told about what is going on...files being read, bills not being paid, the kids being threatened, and so on. I asked him why he didn't report it and his response was that there would be no use. I also think that he is trying to keep some peace btw. him and his ex. I will discuss it with him again though and see what he says. I have told those that I have spoken to from the CoS about what has been going on, (mentioned above) but they have brushed it off and did not seem concerned. Another negative for them in my books.
If the CoS has been blatantly defying their own tenets, then how can one have respect for such an organization. It seems to me that too many people in the orgs are turning a blind eye.
I have been respectful to those that call but the respect has to be returned and thus far, it hasn't.
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:56 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:52 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:35 pm

It is a possiblity that since the ex-wife is the head of the org, she made up some crap to sick the big dogs on him as punishment. Which I will imagine is not unheard of
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:54 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:12 pm

It will come to an end. My argument is, it does not have to end badly. -- Ron Paul
<<

Kristal

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:38 pm

<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:05 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 pm

<<

Megalomaniac

EPFer

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:20 pm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:53 pm

Previous

Return to Introductions