[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - my non-e formula

my non-e formula

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

exmessenger

Non-E

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:35 pm

my non-e formula

<<

aleighg

Non-E

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:53 pm

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 am

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

sabrina

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm

<<

Ananon

Non-E

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Hello D.

Thanks for sharing your story. I really don't think you should feel obliged to do anything, other than to enjoy the cults' well-deserved acceleration into oblivion that is currently happening.

A lot of ex-members find it therapheutic to do something though, but that is totally up to you. Maybe a good start would be to print some some cards from youfoundthecard.com and slip them into ATM machines, magazines or whatever place you fancy. It's a great viral campaign! Another ongoing campaign is to send postcard to RPF members, in particular those in SP HALL. Google/search on whyweprotest for 'Postcards from paradise'.

If that feels a bit naughty but very good, than maybe it's time to post more of your story or maybe even visit one of the Anon protests. You can even go in cognito if you wear a mask. Your visit will be much appreciated by Anons (they fight a fight which is sometimes a tad abstract and getting support from ex-members is a great morale booster). Many people have said it felt like a 'closing a chapter' kind of thing to do.

Note: if you want to do this, best thing to do is to go to the thread discussing your nearest protest on whyweprotest.net and ask for a 'buddy' who will help you get through the day, introduce you to people etc etc. Someone will volunteer, it's been done before.

But the main thing is that you are comfortable with whatever you choose to do!

I hope you will get back in touch with you father some day.
<<

cantsay

Non-E

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:43 am

Its funny how "declared SPs" are rarely suppressive at all. That was something I found so hard to deal with while I was in the Church. These were good people, they just didnt want to be there anymore. Im sure some were actually nasty people, but that seems to be more the minority.

I personally was called an SP for writing a Knowledge Report. Nice to know policy is only applicable when it suits higher staff.
Think for yourself, for Petes sake!!
<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Welcome, cantsay.

It is very curious (I can think of stronger, more offensive terms to use) that the Co$ won't refund money, even if it is unused sitting in an account but they try to get those who leave "employment positions" (term used lightly) to repay services that are supposed to be part of the perks of the job.

I've often wondered why people try to pay a "freeloader debt". I came to the conclusion that it is mostly to try to salvage relationships with people still involved with the scientology. This is a form of blackmail on the part of scientology.
"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm sorry about your family. Disconnextion f-ing sucks, don't it?

I think part of why people try to pay the freeloader debt might be Scn threatening to ruin their credit--can they not report it to a credit agency or at least threaten to do so?
mikolot mayim rabim adirim, mishbarai'yam
--Ps. 93
<<

cantsay

Non-E

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:18 am

You were given your training for "free" on staff in exchange for your work, so if you leave without finishing the contract you are "out-exchange". Some policies mention that people could join staff just to get free courses and then leave, hence the term "freeloader debt". So to get back into good standing you have to pay back what you "owe". Nothing to do with credit ratings, its part of the over-the-top personal responsibility you are expected to have as a Scientologist. Even as a good staff member you are encouraged to pay for all your training anyway if you have the money, out of a sense of "because I should".

The reason orgs dont want to give back money is because they dont technically have it anymore. Once you pay for services a big percentage is sent to higher organisations and whatever is left over pays the bills and if anything is left after that the staff may get a few bucks. So to pay you back your money means they have to ask higher organisations to give back money (which they no longer have because of the same reasons) and all hell breaks loose as this makes the poor downtrodden accounts guy asking for the money get screamed at by the SO. Needless to say, they arent keen on getting abused themselves either, so everyone delays all round.

My Scn mother-in-law used to make me clean and cook whenever I visited, in exchange for being fed. I never had the guts to ask the same whenever she visited.... :roll:
Think for yourself, for Petes sake!!
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 am

In many Scn stories I have read, Staff or SO recruiters promise much more in the way of auditing, training, salary, accomodations, etc. than will ever be delivered. The person being recruited gives up their previous plans for a chance at the rosy future which is painted for them. Thus it seems to me that the Co$ is often badly "out-exchange" with these new recruits right from the time they begin their service.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:03 pm

mikolot mayim rabim adirim, mishbarai'yam
--Ps. 93
<<

exmessenger

Non-E

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:16 pm

you could labor ten years under a master
trying to discern whether the teachings are true.
But all you might learn is this:
Onoe must live one's own life.
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 pm

<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Sun May 31, 2009 10:52 pm

Hey

Return to Introductions