[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Howdy

Howdy

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

abby_cadabby

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Howdy

Hello there, I finally decided to register--I've been lurking since the site's first day! I'm not a scientology kid, but I was married to one, once. I'm no longer married, but my experiences with the CoS were certainly enough to make me a long-term critic.

Kenda, Astra, and Jenna, you all are doing a wonderful thing here and I thank you so much for it. When I heard about the site and who was behind it, I was elated, and it's certainly lived up to my expectations.

Astra, over the years I've often referred anyone I've encountered who thinks Scientology is a "quirky but harmless" religion to xenutv.com to watch your videos. I would sometimes wonder how you were doing now and it's great to see that you're still standing up for yourself, and seem to be thriving. Warms my heart, that does. :)
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Huzzah! Welcome, abby.

We're looking forward to hear as much of your story as you're willing to tell. ;)
<<

abby_cadabby

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Thank you, Kendra! :) I got off way easy compared to most of the people who've told their stories here (for me personally it was just some beginning courses and the freakin' sauna), but I got enough of a good look to know that the CoS definitely WAS NOT for me (an understatement, that). Unfortunately, when you're married to a Scientologist, "NOT FOR ME" is not received very well.

I was living in fear for a while (the fear was not of my spouse but of the CoS influence over my spouse), then when it was over, I was *so* angry that the organization even existed and could get away with what they do that my anger was unhealthy for me, in retrospect. I'm at a good place now, though---extremely happy with where I'm at, and just very determined to do my part in helping the truth to get out there (although "my part" is an admittedly low-key one). And the truth seems to be busting out all over the place, as of late. Yay! 8)
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:53 pm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:38 am

<<

abby_cadabby

EPFer

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm