Voiceless8C

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Voiceless8C

I saw someone on an anon forum say that they weren't going to let the cult voiceless 8 c them...

as much as I have studied and learned...

this isn't something I am familiar with other than

Voiceless8C profile on YouTube.

Anyone?
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:03 pm

I think they are making a joke out of it. Never heard of it.
8C is real and Command Intention is real.

But never heard or did any TR's about voicless 8C.

Or maybe my memory is fading...is there a drill with the ashtray where you "intend" it to move?
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Iknowtoomuch wrote:I think they are making a joke out of it. Never heard of it.

Or maybe my memory is fading...is there a drill with the ashtray where you "intend" it to move?

Ok.... what is the 8C command?

I feel so dumb I don't know, but do tell....

And yes, are you kidding about the ashtray drill?

Of course that's real... and classic tidbit of the cult.

Shouting at the ashtray, classic.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 am

Anonymous9104 wrote:
Iknowtoomuch wrote:I think they are making a joke out of it. Never heard of it.

Ok.... what is the 8C command?

I feel so dumb I don't know, but do tell....

And yes, are you kidding about the ashtray drill?

Of course that's real... and classic tidbit of the cult.

Shouting at the ashtray, classic.

I'm not talking about the shouting at the ashtray. I can't remember if there was a drill to "make that ash tray stand up" without speaking.
8c is a generic term and there are many 8C drills. Even some Messenger TR's have 8C used in them.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:43 am

Iknowtoomuch wrote:I can't remember if there was a drill to "make that ash tray stand up" without speaking.

Yes, there was. I think it was on the Messenger 3rd Class course??
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 am

Yeah, I remember that. You put the ashtray on the chair at one end of the hallway and then stand at the other. First you yell at the ashtray to "stand up on that chair" "thank you" "sit down in that chair" "thank you". Then you do it voiceless. Using only your OT abilities. You know that they told us that if you were a Sea org member, you were an OT, regardless of level, so you automatically had super powers. And I think you are right doublevee, it was on the messenger course.
I just realized how insane this all sounds. Its a miracle any of us got out of there with any sanity left.
We used the term 8C a lot, and I remember it meaning to basically force something to happen, physically if needed. If you were going to us 8C to get someone to ethics, then you would use your abilities, and force if needed to get them to go to ethics. That is what I think it was, but my memory is fading. Anyone else?
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 am

astra wrote:Yeah, I remember that. You put the ashtray on the chair at one end of the hallway and then stand at the other. First you yell at the ashtray to "stand up on that chair" "thank you" "sit down in that chair" "thank you". Then you do it voiceless. Using only your OT abilities. You know that they told us that if you were a Sea org member, you were an OT, regardless of level, so you automatically had super powers. And I think you are right doublevee, it was on the messenger course.
I just realized how insane this all sounds. Its a miracle any of us got out of there with any sanity left.
We used the term 8C a lot, and I remember it meaning to basically force something to happen, physically if needed. If you were going to us 8C to get someone to ethics, then you would use your abilities, and force if needed to get them to go to ethics. That is what I think it was, but my memory is fading. Anyone else?

Astra... when I'm reading over this... I just can't believe there are more than one crazy exercise that involves barking orders at an inanimate object... and of all things, an ashtray!!!! I wonder, for those true believers, such as I felt Jenna was in describing her story before she left, or maybe I was picking up that she didn't want to get disconnected from her family and Dallas, etc, but it seemed being raised in the cult she was a true believer at one time, that I wonder (sorry for the run on)... what you and she thought of these kind of strange, honestly bat shit crazy moon bat drills whilst doing them? I mean... these crazy tidbits still shock me profoundly....

After reading Jenna's story, which reads like a movie, perhaps because it is a real story and coming simply from the simple truth and her heart... it was like watching a movie... I can see her being played by Katherine Heigl or some other blond browned eyed beauty... and although I've seen your interviews... I don't know who I would cast to play you..
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 am

Remember when you gave the ashtray commands from 200 feet away? And you were supposed to project your voice perfectly without yelling?

Yeah, Astra, that's how we used "8C". It was almost always with the connotation of physical force although it properly shouldn't have been.

For everyone else, it's called "8C" because that was the number of the drill. They were called "Training Routine 0" "Training Routing 1" etc, and shortened to "TRs". They go up to TR 9. You might have read about people sitting for hours staring at each other, those are TRs too.

Anonymous9104, the _really_ crazy part of all this is how it DIDN'T seem crazy at the time. That's the hard thing to get across to people, how one's point of view is so _drastically_ different from any regular human being's. :roll: I can't speak for Jenna but at the time I was yelling at the ashtray, I totally thought it was fine....
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Ah, thanks doublevee, I forgot the TRs connection and why it was called 8C.

I can't speak for Jenna, but this is my take on the whole yelling at the ashtray thing. I was embarrased to do it, just like I hated doing contact assists and Trs and objectives. But I thought I was missing something. That I was the only one not getting the benefit. Because "something must be wrong with me". Everyone else acted like it was normal, but then we couldn't exactly joke about it and say it was stupid. So I tried to get it over with as quickly as possible without giving away that I didn't get it. I thought I was the only one, but most probably felt the same. Which is why I love these forums, where we can all realize that we weren't the only one who felt like an idot yelling at an ashtray at the other end of a hallway!

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists