[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - My theory over what made Isaac Hayes quit South Park

My theory over what made Isaac Hayes quit South Park

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

HailXxxx79

Clear

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:24 am

My theory over what made Isaac Hayes quit South Park

"These barricades can only hold for so long." -R.E.M.

I will protest the Church of Scientology every month for as long as it takes for it to change.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:29 am

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:42 am

I wouldn't bet money against it.
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

HailXxxx79

Clear

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:06 am

I will protest the Church of Scientology every month for as long as it takes for it to change.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:08 am

<<

HailXxxx79

Clear

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 am

<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:38 am

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

OTsuperduper

Non-E

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:26 am

Isaac Hayes and Matt & Trey

"I'm always there for me."
<<

Mobius

Non-E

Post Sun May 25, 2008 7:54 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 am

I feel that "Brainwashed" is an inaccurate term. Mentally Conditioned I believe is closer to the truth. The funny thing is what the CoS does is not actually cataloged. We can quantify brainwashing as a technique that utilizes duress, rewards and various commands or other conceptual stimuli (text, pictures, objects etc.)

The CoS starts with an idea that seems reasonable and can be argued, except that it is an inarguable point. Something like "communication leads to understanding" therefore "more communication leads to greater understanding" and qualified by statements like "quality of communication is key." Once you also set up "understanding" as synonymous with "agreement" with drills and examples in everyday interactions then the person is conditioned to subconsciously believe that understanding something means that he must agree with it. Now you have mentally conditioned somebody to agree with you just by explaining something and getting them to understand your position.

This completely excludes the possibility of EVER respectfully disagreeing, agreeing to disagree or coming to a compromise. Please also note that there is no duress in the process and it is a process that take place over the course of a persons interactions with the church not ever with just one person so it is very subtle.

I think the scariest thing I ever said to somebody in the church was "I understand what you are saying, I just don't agree." To them I am sure it seemed like an utterly psychotic statement.
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Wed May 28, 2008 12:20 am

Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960

Return to Scientology Celebrities